Saturday, December 29, 2012

Les Miserables

Our family attended a matinee showing of the movie Les Miserables this week and I am still weeping. I'm weeping with sadness for Fontine and Javert and all the pain in the world that is caused because of wickedness. I'm weeping for joy because there are people like Jean Valjean in this world who "fight for the right" and promote goodness in a decaying telestial world.

Les Miserables is one of my all time favorite stories, and I've enjoyed so many versions of it that I was excited and at the same time hesitant about the movie. Would it disappoint me? Would the actors be as good as the ones I've come to love in past productions? Would the story be altered? Would Hollywood down-play the religious significance of the plot?

But I am happy to say it did not disappoint in the least. I am hoping to see it again in theaters and buy it as soon as it is available. For me, Jean Valjean epitomizes every thing there is to know about Living in Truth. I loved the movie.

No comments: