Thursday, May 8, 2008

No More Tears!


One of the most amazing gifts our Father in Heaven has given us (among the many in the plan of salvation!) is the gift of justice. Jesus Christ is a just God. This is why we can place our faith in him. He will make everything right. According to the prophet Alma, “The plan of restoration is requisite with the justice of God; for it is requisite that all things should be restored to their proper order” (Alma 41:2). While this means that there is a penalty affixed to all wrong choices we make, it also means that when we have been wronged through no fault of our own it will be made up to us. We will be restored to what would be fair.
If we trust in Jesus Christ, every unjust experience, every unwarranted abuse, every hurt inflicted on us through no fault of our own will in some way be made up to us. Some day our mortal bodies which cause us pain because of disease, wear and tear, birth defects, genetic disorders, accidents, or other things will be made perfect–without defect, without pain, without blemish–because of Jesus Christ. But more than that everything we have ever suffered through no choice of our own, will be made up to us if we trust in Jesus Christ. As John tells us in Revelation, “The Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed [us], and shall lead [us] unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from [our] eyes” (7:17). If we trust, God will heal.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I changed my mind. This is my favorite post. Or can I have more than one favorite?? I love the compensating power of the Atonement. I just love it! If there is anything I have a testimony of, it's the Atonement. I'm so thankful for the miracle and blessing that it is to me every day of my life.