Friday, September 30, 2011

Living Now

What a change, one day I'm teaching university students and the next I'm pushing a toddler on a swing! But both are sheer delight. That is one of the benefits of living in truth. Most people spend their time worrying about the future--which means they live in fear and anxiety. Or some people fret over the past so that they live in vexation. But when a person lives in Truth there is variety and joy to be found in every moment. Yesterday mom and baby Hugh came home from the hospital and it was so fun to watch Jane and George with Hugh. They love him already. They can't wait for him to be big enough to play with them. Oh, such wonder as you find in the eyes of a child. But the best part was that I got to hold Hugh. It has been a long time since I had a newborn in my arms. What a joy and at this point in my life it brings back so many memories. It just doesn't get better than this! I hope you are enjoying your now.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! :)

Becky Rose said...

My constant challenge!

SuSu said...

I agree, it doesn't get better than holding a newborn!