Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Reminders

                                       

Over the last few years as I’ve been learning to Live in Truth I’ve discovered that I need reminders. Old, long-ingrained habits and ways of life are difficult to overcome, and I need all the help I can get in order to grow and change. That’s why I have a copy of My Charge on the mirror so that I see it often every day. I also have assigned meanings that remind me of what it means to Live in Truth to things I see every day. I have words that encourage me on the inside of every kitchen cupboard so that every time I get a dish out or put one back in, I see the word and am reminded to Live in Truth. I also had engraved on my ipad the words, “Take what comes and love it.”  And as soon as I decide on my Word for the Year, I'll put it in places where I'll see it often. 

          
           "Surrender" by Brighton Jewelry

 That’s why one of the Christmas presents Mr. J gave me is so fantastic. He totally surprised me with a necklace that opens up and inside on one half it says, “Trust and enjoy” and on the other it says, “Everything is exactly as it should be.” The necklace itself is beautiful with stones of purple and blue setting off a heart made of clear stones, but knowing what it says inside means the most to me. It encourages and empowers me when I wear it. I hate taking it off! 

I’m not selling necklaces, but I am selling the idea that we need all the help we can get in order to overcome telestial influences and grow into celestial beings. It isn’t going to happen unless we make it happen, and part of the help we need to make it happen comes from surrounding ourselves with things that remind us to trust in God and to take what comes and enjoy it.







1 comment:

Becky Rose said...

I shared you idea on my blog again this year. Also, check out this idea too. http://beinglds.blogspot.com/2011/12/setting-goals-backwards.html