Saturday, June 13, 2009

Storm's Over


An terrible storm blew through here today. But now pink rose petals from the dozens of rose bushes in my yard are everywhere. Everything is green and sweet smelling. The sun is brightly smiling as if laughing at mother nature’s little joke, and its rays reflect on the rain drops left behind so that everything sparkles.

The dark and dreary, gusty and dank yard, is now enchanted like something out of a fairy tale. It is amazing how fast things can change.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I love it when the sun comes back out!!! And I was thankful that the storm waited until my husband finished his very first marathon this morning. I am always amazed that people can run for that long--I don't even like to DRIVE for that long! :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Wendi, Tell him congratulations for me!