Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Feel the Happy

I woke up this morning happy. I like happy. There is a lymphangioma behind my left eye, cancer on my face, a painful cyst in my left foot, not to mention that I’m getting more wrinkly by the minute, but that is nothing compared to what some people suffer. I’ve had a great morning. Besides the normal business of the day I walked three miles on the tread mill while watching a hilarious episode of “The Irish R.M.”; breathed in the crisp, morning air; ate a delicious, juicy plum; received a delightful “I love you” text message from my daughter in Austin; teased my grandson Ryan; and am lounging on my bed typing this. I'm writing--doing what I love to do!

Life is wonderful! Life is a series of constant choices and I get to make them—no one else can. Life is living in every moment with what you have instead of thinking about what you don’t have. I am so blessed to know that!

If you haven’t felt the happy in today yet, do something right now that will make you smile.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did, I read your blog. I love you too Sis. Johnson. TeLene

Martha said...

Yet another perfectly timed post from you. Thank you. :)

Camille said...

I'm going to the temple early this morning, and this makes me very happy. Thank you!

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

TeLene, Oh, thank you. I haven't heard from you for awhile. I hope all is well! xoxo

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Martha, Thank you. Hope it was a GREAT day!

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Machen, There's nothing better for feeling good. I hope the good vibes lasted a long time!