Monday, July 5, 2010

Soaring on the Wings of Truth

The last few days I’ve heard a lot about patriotism, freedom, and the wonderful people who have made liberty possible. I say, “Amen!” to all of that. But before we get too far past the Independence Day celebrating I want to celebrate a different kind of freedom. I am free when I live in Truth. That is the true freedom in my life. When I live in Truth I release the chains of the past and open the door for possibilities in the future.

As the Savior said, “Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32). To be free means to be free from the bondage of the natural man. It means you are free from the unnecessary pain of anger and hurt, free to obtain peace, joy and happiness. And obtaining that freedom comes when we choose to avoid the Pit of Illusion and Live in Truth.

I am a child of God and as such do not need to be chained to the bondage of Illusion. Instead I write the story of my life in terms of faith, hope, and love. I am not confined to telestial realities because I know about celestial truth. No longer do I accept a limited story of my life. Instead, I stand in the fullness of my divine nature. I know that in Truth I am absolutely and unconditionally free. As the Savior went on to say in the book of John, “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed” (John 8:36.

Governmental liberty is a great blessing, but to be free from internal bondage is an even greater blessing.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Amen to that! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Sherrie! I love this thought. It was wonderful to meet you at my brother Brandon's farewell. Thank you for your book and for being so kind to me. I will be dropping in to read your blog!