Monday, December 27, 2010

My Christmas


The holidays turned out very different for me than I had anticipated—much better! I was supposed to have surgery a few days before Christmas, but I got sick so they couldn’t do it. That meant my calendar was cleared and everything was ready for Christmas so I had a few days to enjoy, and I did. 

This made Christmas extraordinary for me. With raising nine children, I’m used to busy, stressful, chaotic Christmases. But I had time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren, and Christmas Eve at my mother’s house, and especially to spend some quality time with Mr. J. I read and pondered the Christmas story from the New Testament and enjoyed every minute of writing about Christmas here on the Good News! 


I hope your Christmas celebrating was enjoyable and that you had the opportunity to remember the real reason for the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blessings come from such unexpected things! I'm so glad you got over the flu, and got to enjoy Christmas so much. Hopefully, the new year will bring you lots of good health, too.

Johnson Family said...

I am so glad you had a great Christmas! Spending time with family is what life is all about! I hope when you do re-schedule your surgery it goes well!
Lots of love,
Christa

Wendi said...

I'm thankful that you had such a wonderful Christmas. This was also one of the best Christmases I can remember. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Christmas posts. Best wishes for a happy 2011! :)

Talena said...

I enjoyed reading your blog too, and the symbolisms of Christmas!