Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Sick and Afflicted

For the past few weeks I’ve done everything I could to avoid all the coughing students, coughing grandsons, coughing children, and coughing husband. But it didn’t work. I woke up this morning coughing. My eyes burn. My throat can’t swallow. My bones ache. I’m sitting in bed trying to find some good in the situation—trying to put the Truth Tools to work and love what’s come. But it isn’t working well.

My mind keeps arguing with me. Perhaps I should enjoy the time to rest? But I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas! Perhaps I could catch up on some reading? But I’m too weak to hold up a book. 

So maybe I’ll just lay here and Anchor. Feeling the good in the moment should help me heal. 

I hope your day is going better than mine.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Oh man!!! I am sooooooo sorry that you got sick! I, too, have succumbed to the cold that has been floating around. But, just like you, I didn't have time to be sick, I had piano recitals, pack meeting, Christmas cookies and baby blessings to attend.
So here I sit with my lab top on my lap and a warm blaket covering me.
So, I guess we will both have to give in to health and sip some hot cocoa and watch reruns.
Love ya and hope you feel better.
Christa

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am sorry! Feeling really ill stresses the Truth Tools to the max. I just hope you become immune to the stuff going around by getting yours over with now. I always feel disappointed when I've been so good to get everything done just how I want to and end up sick on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Getting it over with early in the month is my holiday wish for myself every year. I am wishing for you a speedy recovery, and to be able to be warm and somewhat comfortable while you get through it. Better days ahead soon. :-)
Cathie

Wendi said...

That pictures says it all! I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon. Consider yourself hugged. :)