Friday, June 10, 2011

Spiritual Health

Ever since winter hit last November I’ve done my daily exercising on the tread mill in my home. But today I walked outside in the sunshine. Green trees, blossoms, and flowers waved at me like old friends and the crisp cool air filled me with its freshness. What a way to start a day.

We’ve had record amounts of snow and rain in Utah this year which means that the last few days of sunshine are melting the mountain snow and sending it down the rivers. The Provo River I walk along overflowed its banks and ran swifter than I’ve ever seen it. The music of the rushing river, the sound of birds in the trees, the whisper of my shoes on the sidewalk made me want to sing.

But the best thing was the stop on the bridge to meditate for a moment. I didn’t realize how much I missed that. Taking a moment to consciously let go of the bad energy and drink in the good energy is health for the soul. That healing is vital and while the treadmill replaced the exercising adequately, I didn’t do anything to replace the healing time. I’m resolved now to figure out a way to replace my “bridge” time when I exercise on the treadmill.

It is surprising, but just that two or three minutes a day makes a big difference in how the day goes. I feel like a new me! Happy sunshine to you all!

No comments: