Monday, June 6, 2011

For My Good



Last week I told you about my use of the Truth Tools. Well, I’m reporting in to tell you I survived the week because of those Truth Tools. Each day started out with fear and trepidation as I thought about standing up in front of my classes with no makeup. It was more difficult than I thought it would be, but I found that as soon as I forgot about myself and started thinking about my students and the message of Jesus Christ that I had to deliver to them, things worked out.

When I'd start to think about myself again and how awful I looked, I'd pull out a Truth Tool and I made it through. The pathology report came back that I had no cancer, but the cells are in a precancerous state that needs to be treated. So now I do the chemical thing again that makes me look like a monster. I think the Lord is trying to teach me something, but I'm not sure what yet. I just keep repeating: "We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purposes" ( Romans 8: 28) over and over.

This is for my good. I know it is.

No comments: