Monday, March 12, 2012

Easter is Coming!

Easter is coming! The celebration of the Good News! the best news that ever happened. And one of the things that has blessed my life and made that celebration more meaningful and exciting is that every Easter I give myself a present; I read the Four Gospels of the New Testament, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. I look forward to this and since Easter is four weeks from yesterday, it is time to begin, and I’m inviting you to join me in reading this year. It doesn't take long, but is worth every minute it takes.

The Four Gospels are the life and teachings of Jesus Christ and reading about His life before Easter is an amazing way to celebrate Easter. It helps me remember, as I’m coloring eggs, that eggs are a symbol of the new life Jesus Christ made possible. It helps me remember, as I see the cute little Easter bunnies in stores, that rabbits are a symbol of prolific life and re-creation—again things that Jesus Christ made possible for me. But what I love most is that reading the Four Gospels helps me to feel the events that are Easter.

So join me in celebrating Easter by reading Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and making Easter last for weeks instead of days.

No comments: