Monday, October 22, 2012

Look for the Witness

I love a verse in the Pearl of Great Price that says, "And behold, all things have their likeness, and all things are created and made to bear record of me, both things which are temporal, and things which are spiritual; things which are in the heavens above, and things which are on the earth, and things which are in the earth, and things which are under the earth, both above and beneath: all things bear record of me" (Moses 6:63).

Years ago that phrase, "all things bear record of me" struck me and I began walking through my days asking of the things I encountered, "What does this teach me of Christ?"

It is often surprising what comes to me. I remember one day while working in my garden picking up a simple rock and thinking, "Wow! These weeds and trees and flowers are temporary. They come and they go, but this rock was around the day the new star appeared in the heavens announcing the birth of Jesus Christ. This rock was around whe the earth shook at His death. This rock has been on this earth for thousands of years--ever since Jesus Christ brought it into being in the beginning.

It was a special moment that I will never forget. Looking for testimonies in the things around us teach us much and surprisingly a small thing like this as beought a lot of love and joy into my life.

No comments: