Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Say "YES!"

The universal stance of triumph.


As I've been studying words and paying attention to how words affect me, I've noticed something very interesting about the simple word yes. If I'm discouraged or just feeling a little down in the mouth, if I say the word, "Yes!" with enthusiasm and conviction I feel immediate empowerment.

In addition, if I raise my arms up in a victory stance like you see runners do as they cross the finish line in first place, there is an added boost of power. I can't explain it, but I can feel it. It is immediate and it is real. It doesn't matter if I'm feeling or thinking anything wonderful or if I'm feeling or thinking negative things. Saying YES and raising my arms in a power stance makes the negative go away and enhances the positive.

I know it sounds too simple to be true, but it works. Try it right now and tell me how you feel.
YES!

2 comments:

Camille said...

Yes! I'll do it!

Wendi said...

We spent five days in Moab for the kids' Fall break. I felt that kind of triumph after hiking to Delicate and Corona Arch. Yes! :)