Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Antidote for Troubles

It seems like every where I’ve turned the last few days I’ve heard sad stories. Is trouble getting more prevalent or am I just hearing more about trouble? I hope it’s the latter. But which ever, I don’t like hearing about trouble. Yesterday I told Mr J that I needed someone to call and tell me some good news. But then I got to thinking that this blog is Good News! and that the Good News! is Jesus Christ. Despite the terrible things going on in the world and around us, the everlasting Good News! is that Jesus is the Savior of the world.

The word savior means “one who saves from danger or destruction” and Jesus Christ will save this world and everyone in it from danger and destruction. He is the Healer and the answer to all the troubles. It is what the Lord told Joshua in Joshua 1:9 when He said, “the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

He walks with us in trouble and in peace. And while we don’t understand the troubles, we can be assured that He will at some point make them all better. Perhaps the best Truth Tool ever is simply to think of Jesus Christ, trust in Him, and move forward knowing that all will be well in the end.

3 comments:

DizzyLizzy said...

Yes! Thanks for this wonderful reminder today!

Wendi said...

I agree that this is the best Truth Tool. The peace that the Atonement brings is very tangible and I'm so thankful for it. :)

Anonymous said...

I feel this way often, and I actually read your blog for the 'good news' also :)