Saturday, October 2, 2010

Determination

We are in St. George and as I write Mr J, D4 and D5 are running the marathon. Each of them has faced challenges that made them wonder if they could run today. Mr J pulled a tendon in his leg, D4 had the traumatic encounter with savage dogs while running, D5 broke a bone in her foot and has been training on a stationary bike. Today will be her first run for weeks. But they are all out there running now with the understanding that they are going to do the best they can, if they can’t finish then they can’t but they will each know that they gave it their very best effort. Personally I will be very surprised if even one of them doesn’t cross the finish line. They are determined and that determination will take them to the finish if at all possible.

As I’ve said here before I am constantly learning. Living in Truth does not come naturally to me. I spent a great deal of my early life in the Pit and I don’t like it there. Living in Truth is something I have had to learn and I am learning from my family and from you and from so many wonderful people around me. I am learning from the scriptures and from the prophets. I am learning from the promptings of the Spirit and when I slip into the Pit I find a way out—FAST. My hope is that someday I can Live in Truth all the time. I am determined! And so when setbacks come, I move forward with that determination. I may not be the first one over the finish line, but that doesn’t matter at all. What matters is that I finish in Truth. And I am determined to do just that. I hope you are, too.

(I'll post the pictures later today--after I take them!)

2 comments:

Kim said...

I wish them the best of luck, because life does take determinations and endurance. :)

Karen said...

I do hope the race went well! And thank you for your always inspiring thoughts...your Living in Truth segments continue to help me. Safe travels!