Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm Still Rejuvenating

We’ve been so busy lately painting and repairing and getting our basement ready for new carpet. They finished the carpet yesterday and everything looks so nice. Today we’ve been putting everything away. What a job! But I’ve been simplifying and that feels good. I’ve taken three huge loads to DI and many more than that to the garbage. We moved here eleven years ago so I can still remember the reasoning used to keep certain things. This time I find myself saying, “If I haven’t used it in eleven years, I’m not going to use it!” And out it goes.

One other thing that has been a problem all my life is that I like too many things. I like to cross-stitch, crochet, macramé, knit, sew, quilt, and so many other things. Over the years I’ve collected a lot of things to do with these kinds of projects. So the other strange thing this time around is that I find myself thinking things like, “I’m so old now I’m never going to get back to this!” and so out it goes.

It is strange how life changes and how a person changes as she grows older. I like this simplifying and narrowing down my interests. Now I just need to do this in other areas of my life. Slow down. Simplify. Declutter. Organize. It’s all part of my rejuvenation. I like this. It’s October and I’m still rejuvenating! What a good feeling.

No comments: