Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!



For me this day is a second thanks giving day. Specifically, it’s a day to give thanks for my wonderful country and my freedom.

I’ve been blessed to travel a lot and have seen some beautiful places in this world, but of all the places I’ve been, I like my home best. (Of course, I know that you in other countries feel the same about your homelands and that is how it should be. But today, being the birthday of my homeland, I am celebrating it!)

I’m grateful to ancestors who gave so much to come here from England, Scotland, Denmark, and Ireland. I’m grateful for all those who gave their lives to make us independent and all those who have served and sacrificed to preserve our freedom and help extend freedom to others.

I am grateful! Happy Birthday, USA!

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Happy independence day to you too! Thanks for the e-card you sent me. :)