Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Playing the "But Thanks" Game

I'm playing the But Thanks game today. My day started like all teaching days. The alarm went off, I rolled out of bed, put on my exercise clothes, and walked downstairs to get a drink of water before my prayers and stretching out. 

The only problem is that instead of walking down the last three or four stairs, I tumbled down them. My shoulder hurts. I can barely walk on my right foot. My hand is swollen, 
But Thanks that I didn't fall from the top stair. 
But Thanks I wasn't knocked unconscious or hit my head. 
But Thanks I didn't shatter the glass display case at the bottom of the stairs. 
But Thanks Mr. J was there to help take care of me and drive me to work. 
But Thanks I made it to school (barely in time). 
But Thanks I made it through my first class of the day. 

And here's hoping that at the end of the day I can say, "But Thanks" that I made it through my three back to back afternoon classes. I'll count on that!

There's always something to be grateful for!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Take Care!!

Wendi said...

I'm sorry about your fall. I hope your body heals quickly. I guess there is always something to be thankful for. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for your accident, but it is reassuring to know that it can always be worse, and we were spared. Having said that, living our normal routine while hobbling around can be a challenge. I hope you heal quickly, and have no hidden damage to say "But Thanks" to. Fall is too wonderful to miss even a minute of.