Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Learning Curve

I had a scare this morning. When I woke up I couldn't see out of my left eye. I only have 20/400 vision in my right eye so I could barely see even with that eye. I sat up and within a few minutes my vision returned, but this will happen more and more until we get the tumor out.

It was a little frightening, but the most important thing I want you to know is that even in that moment I was at peace. Throughout this week as we have been going from doctor to doctor and test to test, the most amazing thing to me is the peace I've experienced. I know that my Father in Heaven is with me and that I am about the face the trial of my life, but that He is going to help me every step of the way. There is something for me to learn from this and as I do I will share the learning with you so that you can learn from me instead of going through something like this!

When I called the doctor to tell him about our latest development, he told me I can't sleep any more lying down. Well, I've never been able to sleep sitting up! So this is going to be a sleepless week. Thank goodness I have a lot of good books!

Thanks again for your comments, emails, prayers, faith, and love. It helps so much.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Wow!! Scary to wake up like that! I hope you'll be able to learn to sleep sitting up--so you won't be exceedingly sleep deprived while you face all of this. And I'm sure you're feeling the peace because of all the prayers in your behalf. :) Thanks for sharing what you're learning.