Saturday, May 9, 2009

$131.79 For My Book--No Way!

I've had an unexpected surprise this Mother's Day. I've had people calling to find out if I still have copies of my book "Spiritually Centered Motherhood." I was a little shocked that people still wanted it, but I do have copies and was happy to oblige them. Their interest made me curious, and so I went to Amazon.com to see how many of my books are there and found that one of my other books, "Man, Woman, and Deity" (a book about marriage and the priesthood relationship between men and women) is being sold for $131.79! I can't explain that! That's a weeks worth of groceries!

But because of these two things, I realized that I ought to let you all know that I do have copies of both these books if anyone wants them. I don't want anyone paying $131.79 for my book!

Since the books have gone out of print, the publisher Bookcraft (now Deseret Book) gave me permission to print soft cover copies myself. They are $12.00 each plus $3.00 shipping, and if you are interested in buying one or both just email me. My email address is smillsjo (@) gmail.com.

6 comments:

Amy Grigg said...

I told you your book was good! It's impossible to find at DI, which means people are holding on to their copies of it.

Wendi said...

I wonder how they came up with $131.79?! :) I would actually love a copy of your motherhood book. I'll e-mail you. Happy Mother's Day! :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Amy, The fact that I'm not at DI does sound good. :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Wendi, I wondered the same thing. Strange! I'll get the book to your mom!

Talena said...

Wow, that's amazing. This peaked my interest so I went to ebay, and they have copies of both your books for sale on ebay. Love ya, Happy Mother's Day!

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Talena, Thanks. I don't even know how to look things up on ebay!