Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Report of Day Two

While being radiated yesterday, I listened to Vivaldi and I went to Galilee. I listened to the Sermon on the Mount and then watched as the Savior mingled with the people. I love the beautiful paintings of the Savior among the people, but I’ve always been disappointed that there has never been a picture of Him laughing and seldom is He even smiling. I know He laughs and smiles because when the Spirit is with me smiling and chuckling are the natural way of being.

But that is the advantage of traveling in your imagination. You can make it happen. Listening to the Sermon was wonderful, but the best part was afterward when I watched the Savior tousle the hair of a young boy, and chuckle as another young boy delighted in a bug crawling on a low-hanging, tree branch. I watched Him smile as he saw a young mother tenderly cradle her sleeping child as the father protectively guided her through the crowd. But then something strange happened. Without me directing the thoughts, I was suddenly in Nauvoo and Joseph Smith was pulling stick with a large farm hand while a crowd of young boys cheered them on. Joseph won the stick pull and then he grabbed a young boy playfully and tousled his hair. They laughed and the others laughed too.

At that point I was disappointed that the session was over. What seemed like five minutes had been an hour. They let me out of the cage and we drove to the Timpanogos temple. After I got dressed for the temple session, I happened to pass a mirror and noticed that my face still had the imprint of the mesh cage. I looked like I’d been pressed in a waffle iron—like a character you’d find in a Dr. Suess book! I’m still laughing as I wonder what anyone who saw me thought!

6 comments:

Becky Rose said...

to see the Savior really happy you need to go to www.reflectionsofchrist.org

Mark Mabry is the photographer.

Scott D. said...

Great entry! I love that you can laugh through the journey- you are a great example to me. I believe in the "traveling in your imagination", it is very real. Thank you for sharing. Kim Davis

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Beck, Thanks for the link. I'll take a look at it.

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Kim, Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad to know someone else travels in their imagination also!

Wendi said...

That's pretty impressive that you went to the temple after being "radiated". :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Wendi, Yes, you'd think it would be the other way around!