Friday, May 15, 2009

Surprise Finding!


I had enough energy to clean today! I never in my life thought I’d be rejoicing about cleaning, but it felt so good to be able to do something productive. The past few days I had one thing to do each day and in order to do it, I had to rest all day long. After that I came home and collapsed. But today I made it through the day and even accomplished some things.

It was a good lesson for me. Some of the things I think of as drudgery are actually a blessing. I hope I remember this when I have all my energy back. I didn’t do anything heavy, but I enjoyed dusting and sorting and wiping and making everything look better. Wow! I still can’t believe I’m saying that!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I know how you feel. One of my struggles is a lack of decisiveness, focus, and energy when I'm feeling depressed. Which makes cleaning (and especially de-cluttering!) the house difficult. Combine that with the flu that I had last Monday and the sore throat and cough that I've had this week and it's been a real problem. I wash my hands more than anyone I know, so I can't figure out why I keep getting sick!! I'm glad you had enough energy to clean today. I hope I will soon too! :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Wendi, I sure hope you get feeling better soon! xoxoxo