Saturday, November 20, 2010

Good Things Are Coming


It’s almost here—Thanksgiving Day! It’s my favorite holiday. I love visiting with family even when my brother lectures me on why I shouldn’t have pierced ears, I love eating delicious food even though I’m a vegetarian and the main part of the meal is turkey, I love watching the children play together even though they are loud and obnoxious, and I love working in the kitchen with people I love even though there are too many chiefs giving orders.  And I’m not being sarcastic here. I really love Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is the perfect time to stop and evaluate whether you are a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty kind of person. It would be easy to hate Thanksgiving because of any of those negative things (I know people who do!) But it is just as easy to love Thanksgiving because of all the wonderful things that occur. 

This year I’m going to capture every good moment and save it up in my memory bank. Then when life gets a little tough I’m going to make a withdrawal from my memory savings account and enjoy the good moments all over again. Besides being good for the future, I think watching for the wonderful moments will make more of them happen. 

Thank goodness for Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

SuSu said...

I love Thanksgiving, for so many reasons! It is my favorite holiday.