Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sweet Autumn

Fall is in the air and here in the Rocky Mountains that means color, brilliant color. But brilliant orange, yellow, gold, and red dotting the mountains isn’t the only sign of the season. Autumn means crisp air that invigorates with every breath, but those things aren’t the best things about autumn. The very best part of autumn is the music. Leaves crackle and crunch under your feet and the wind stirs the branches which in autumn make more than just a swishing sound. In autumn the branches make a distinct percussion crackle that sinks into the very marrow of the bones and tickles the heart.

Autumn is the perfect time to concentrate on living in the present. Anchor yourself and drink in all the marvelous feelings that are available in the present moment. Feel it. Taste it. See it. Hear it. Smell it. Drop the worry about the future. Stop thinking about the past—you can’t do anything about it anyway. Experience the wonder that is now and see how much better everything around you becomes.

5 comments:

Happy Granny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You wrote this post just for me. Autumn is my favorite time of the year for all the reasons you said. Tomorrow it officially starts and I am going to savor every moment of it. Thank you for your insight.
Cathie

I deleted my first post as I have seemingly forgotten how to spell some of the simplest words. Autumn has gone to my brain. 8-)

Karen said...

Even though it is not quite autumn here, this post just made me smile. And I absolutely LOVE the picture. I am going to snag it, enlarge it, and put it in a frame!

So happy to have your blog on my tool bar once again :-) Hope you are having a wonderful week!
Karen

Kim said...

I would have to say yes, autumn is an amazing season. I have been listening to wind and the bustling branches of the trees. Have enjoyed every minute of it! Happy Fall!

SB Mitchell said...

And I love your wonderful way with words.