Thursday, May 5, 2011

Changing Words

While I'm on the subject of words (see last two posts), I found this delightful video that demonstrates the difference a few words can make. 


If words can make such a difference in a situation like this, how much more important are they in our quest for Eternal Life. Millions of words a day go through our heads and those words are either encouraging or discouraging faith. They build us and bring us closer to God or they sap us and push us closer to the adversary. But the most important thing to realize is that we have  
complete control
over the words we choose to speak to ourselves.

Watch what words you use today and how you use them. Being aware of your words is the first step in molding them to be a positive instrument in your life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has been one of my favorite videos for awhile now, and I'm happy you posted it. It's amazing how changing words affects so much how we feel, think and act. What I love about this video is that it shows us how easily we can change things if we choose words carefully to express ourselves. Thank you another great post.

Wendi said...

I've been working on changing my negative, discouraging thoughts to more positive ones lately. Thanks for this reminder. :)