Monday, May 9, 2011

He Is There


When the Savior appears to the Nephites (3 Nephi 11), the very first thing He wants them to know is who He is, “I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning” (11).

After establishing that He is the long awaited Messiah, He invites them to come forward to “feel the prints of the nails in my hands and in my feet, that ye may know that I am the God of Israel, and the God of the whole earth, and have been slain for the sins of the world” (14). Thus the second thing He wants them to know is that He is real.

As I’ve pondered on this I’ve come to realize that it is just as important to Him that we know that He is real as it was that the Nephites knew He is real. But instead of appearing to us, He communicates His reality in other ways. Sometimes we hear His voice directing us. Sometimes we feel His presence comforting us. And sometimes we receive miracles and tender mercies that let us know He is very much aware of our needs and is nearby waiting to fulfill those needs.

The problem is that too often we are too busy or too preoccupied to notice that He is trying to reveal Himself to us. So take time today to reflect and notice how He is revealing Himself to you. For it is a certainty that He is.

No comments: