Saturday, August 20, 2011

BYU Education Week Is Over

This week was delightful. My last class (on Lewis--specifically the Chronicles of Narnia) was at 7:00 on Friday night and I figured most people would have gone home, but there was a full house. The delightful thing is that a very kind lady came up afterward and presented me with a bottle of Gingerbeer--something one of the characters in the Chronicles, Polly Plummer, drank as she hid in the attic and wrote stories.

I'm waiting to drink it when I start writing my next story!

This coming week is my wedding anniversary and so Mr. J and I stole away this morning for a romantic retreat and a little rest and relaxation after the last few weeks of work. I've been looking forward to this, and I hope you are enjoying yourself as much as I am>

1 comment:

GmaMills said...

During the 2010 Education Week I attended your classes, “The Miracles of Jesus”. I enjoyed listening to you so much that on Thursday I attended another of your classes. At this class you were giving “Truth Tools.” As you spoke, your words “hit home.” I realized that this subject could be very beneficial to me and I was sad I had not heard the first two classes. I took careful notes and tried to grasp the concepts.
The concepts of Anchoring and Truth became ideas I embraced during the year. Anchoring helped calm me and give me “thinking space” and perspective. It has helped me to try to live in the moment.
Trying to define the truth in many situations throughout the year helped me to recognize times when my imagination has taken charge.
My year and life were improved because of what I learned in your class. Thank you so much for the time you spend teaching. I was thrilled to see you have a blog and have enjoyed reading your past posts. This year I was able to hear the first two classes in “Come What May and Love It.” Thank you again for sharing your talents and idea