Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My Way Is Perfect

In 2 Samual 22:33 is one of my favorite verses of scripture, “God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.”


Having once been a terrible pessimist who is struggling to become an optimist I like how this verse instructs me that whatever happens is perfect for me. God is my strength. He is my power. Therefore, instead of getting upset or discouraged when things don’t go my way, I need to remind myself that His strength and His power don’t make mistakes. Therefore the things that happen to me are for a reason and I need to trust in His reasons. They are perfect.

My job is to learn from what happens and move on. Any other reaction to what happens sends me into the Pit and makes me miserable. When I got my new Ipad, I had these words engraved on the back, “Take what comes and love it.” And how can I love it? Because God makes my way perfect.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

This is a good reminder. Thanks! :)

Sherrie Mills Johnson said...

Wendi,Your walk to the library sounds fun! Enjoy!

Char said...

It amazes me how often your posts are timely for me and just what I need to hear! Thank you!