Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks

As we get closer to my favorite holiday,
Thanksgiving,
my heart is full of thanks.
Perhaps that's why I love the holiday so much.
Other holidays are stressful and draining, but for me
Thanksgiving is invigorating and uplifting.
It makes me think about how 
thankful I am to be alive.
I'm thankful that Grizelda,
even though she refuses to leave,
is being a good visitor and not causing me problems.
I'm thankful for family and friends.
I'm thankful for all of the big things like the gospel and my beautiful home.
But I'm also thankful for raindrops,
sunshine on my cheeks,
a warm shower, a soft bed,
a fluffy down comforter given to me by a dear friend,
the scriptures,
crisp autumn mornings to walk through piles of crackling leaves.

I'm thankful for so many things
 and the more I list the more it feels like gratitude
 is lifting me like helium lifts a balloon.
I can tell already that today
is going to be a high flying day!!!!
Happy thanks giving week to you all.

No comments: