Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Remembering Grizelda


As the month of December approaches my mind is full of Christmas and the birth of my Savior, but it is also full of the miracle I received three years ago this December—a blessing provided by  that Savior. With the marvel of that miracle filling my heart I went back and read what I had written here on Good News! the day of my brain surgery to extract Grizelda. I’d forgotten that I finished reading the Old Testament the very day of the surgery, and was struck once again with a verse that stood out to me that day. “But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall” (Micah 4:2).

That verse means even more to me now than it did then. He did care for me like a prize calf in a stall. He fed my spirit so that as I walked through the shadows of adversity I was at peace, he protected me, he tended to my every need. But it didn’t end. He continues to do so even though I am so undeserving.

As the anniversary of that event draws near, the memories keep springing to mind and so do all of the wonderful things I learned from the traumatic experience. I am so grateful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was such a scary time, but you carried your burden with such grace and humility that you inspired all of us. We are grateful that you were able to overcome Grizelda by having access to some amazing medical procedures, and Heavenly Father's blessings. I know your road to recovery has, at times been very difficult, but you always have a positive response, and still do all you can to help others, especially with your blog. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends, and are able to continue in all your endeavors for many years to come. xoxoxo
Cathie