Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just A Little House Cleaning

I’m in a de-cluttering mood. Everything in my house is shaking for fear it’s going to be thrown into the garbage and hoping that instead it will get a second life at Deseret Industries. I’m going at it with a vengeance.

But while I’m doing this physical house cleaning, I’m also determined to de-clutter my mind. I’m throwing out all the bad thoughts about what I did wrong as I was raising my children. Come to think of it, I also need to throw out all the negative thoughts about what my parents did wrong when raising me. I’m digging deep into the closets of my mind and throwing out all the “I-wish-I-hads” and all the “I-wish-I-hadn’ts”. They are taking up way too much room on my mental storage shelves. All regrets are being trashed, and in their place I’m stocking the shelves with a year’s supply of positive thoughts. Memories of good times. Thoughts of things I’ve done right. And I’ve got a whole shelf reserved just for warm, wonderful feelings of what it will be like to once again return to my Heavenly Father and be with all my loved ones who are waiting for me on the other side.

I’ve never liked housecleaning much, but doing the physical part with my hands while my head and heart are doing this mental de-cluttering has made both jobs easier. I never thought I’d say this, but I like this kind of cleaning up!

2 comments:

SuSu said...

I hear ya! Doing a bit of that kind of cleaning myself today!

Wendi said...

I'm going to try to follow your example in that middle paragraph. Thanks! :)