Monday, February 6, 2012

My Natal Day

My Flaming Cheesecake
I am officially a day older today than I was yesterday. In other words, I celebrated my birth day. Mother came down for dinner, brought a birthday crown for me to wear, and told me all about the day I was born, sunny but cold, and how fast I was born, the doctor didn’t even make it. She loves to tell me that I was the one who made her a mother and I love to hear her say it. Present also was D5 and her family, a son-in-law, my daughter in law, four grandchildren, and of course, Mr. J.

Mr. J cooked dinner and let me choose the menu. For a man who years ago couldn’t boil water, he’s come a long, long way. He made a delicious massaman curry dish, my daughter-in-law made a wonderful salad, and D5, knowing how much I love lemon made me a lemon cheese cake AND a lemon meringue pie. The dinner was fantastic, but the best part, which is always my favorite part of a good dinner, was sitting around the table after everyone was full, talking and visiting and laughing. I loved it.

It is easy to stay in the present moment when the present moment is so delightful. I think I’ll capture the feeling of yesterday and store it up and bring it out whenever I begin to slip into the Pit.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable birthday celebration. :)

DeRAe said...

It sounds like you had a great day.I wish the best for you!