Friday, February 3, 2012

Visitor or Proprietor?

Living in Truth can be summed up in several ways. Elder Wirthlin said, “Come what may, and love it.” I like, “Take what comes and love it.” Both sayings capture the feeling of accepting what life hands you without simply enduring. There is something more. Living in Truth is about accepting and at the same time enjoying.


Before I knew about Living in Truth I was accepting out of some sense that accepting was what was expected of a Christian. But I was enduring with gritted teeth and squinty tight eyes. I hadn’t caught on to the enjoying part. I was accepting and bravely, stoically enduring. But Living in Truth is about accepting and embracing with delight what comes. It is about truly living!

I don’t know how much time I have left on this earth-a day or several decades-but I now know that when I am called to move on I want to be able to say that I lived on earth not that I merely paid a visit.

No comments: