Friday, August 24, 2012

Changing the Stress Story

This has been the craziest, busiest summer I've ever had. In the last two months I've been in the province of British Columbia, Canada, and the states of South Carolina, Tennessee, California, Alaska, and Washington-with a few stop overs at home in Utah. I'm feeling dizzy, but I've loved every minute of it. I've met wonderful people and seen some beautiful country. The travel has renewed and refreshed me, but as you all know traveling has its frustrations and so it has given me some unusual experiences in which to use the Truth Tools and practice Living in Truth in ways I don't get in my normal routine.

It has reminded me that when under stress one of the best things we can do is change our story from "I don't like this," to "Wow, what an opportunity to grow and practice Living in Truth." It is amazing how a simple thing like changing the story we are telling ourselves makes such a big difference in our lives.

No comments: