Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring!

The scriptures tell us that “All things denote there is a God; yea, even the earth, and all things that are upon the face of it” (Alma 30:44). I firmly believe this, but I think that in springtime it is even more evident.
New life in the form of crocus, daffodils and tulips sends hope and joy through my soul. Yellow, red, white, and purple break through the dismal brown earth in a chorus of color that without words sings “Hallelujah! Hallelujah!” Birds call to one another in a sung language so full of joy that it thrills and delights even though I can’t translate it. Apricot blossoms dress the bare, skeletal branches of the tree with their delicate beauty and promise of forthcoming fruit.

In short, spring is joy and hope which like Christ testify that there is something better coming—something more.

2 comments:

The Finlinsons said...

The spring really is astounding...just incredible! And I always love the great reminder it brings to me about Christ, the resurrection, renewal, etc. And I love the knowledge that there is even more coming..something even better!

Wendi said...

My mom just returned home after visiting my sister for the past two weeks. We went to see a movie together today and then I went over to her house to help her with some technology stuff. I noticed her beautiful yellow daffodils and was thankful all over again for springtime! :)