Monday, June 21, 2010

Out of the Pit!

Today half of our planet experiences the longest day of the year while the other half experiences the shortest day of the year. This is good timing for me. I’ve been in the Pit of Illusion and need to get out! It’s dark in there and I don’t like it. And since I’m on the longest-day side of the planet I’m using that fact to help me get out of the Pit. I’m celebrating light today! I’m determined to climb out of the Pit and get back into the Light. So I’m celebrating the warm touch of light on my face as I walked this morning, the encouragement light gives me when greeting me each morning through my bedroom window, the way light illuminates the beauty around me so I can see it, and especially how it makes the flowers and trees and vegetation grow. Sun light is life to this planet.

And this longest day helps me remember the other light—the light of Christ which gives life to me. That light surrounds me, the love that is part of that light enfolds me, and the power of that light protects me if I stay in Truth. I’ve been slipping lately, but no more! This is the day of sun and light and truth! This is my day!

So with a heart full of gratitude I celebrate sun light and the light of Christ and recommit myself to shine in order that others can see the Light that is the Good News!

As the great preacher said, “The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to his place where he arose” (Ecclesiastes 1:5). I take that to mean that dark days will come. We all fall into the darkness of the Pit once in awhile, but when in the Pit we need to hasten to the place where the light rises again. I’m hurrying!

No comments: