Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Get Set--Go!

It has been a crazy and fast paced summer around here. Last night as Mr. J and I sat down to dinner we realized that it was the first time in 2 and ½ months that we had eaten dinner alone in our own home. We’ve either had company or were away from home during that time. It felt so nice, but today as I’m now starting to feel better all the things I’ve let slip for the past few months are jumping out at me and hitting me over the head. Wow, am I behind. My to-do list is longer than the paper I always use to make to-do lists on! It’s times like this that stress begins to push me into the Pit of Illusion. It tightens in the chest and makes all kinds of obnoxious noises in my head. “You’ll never get all this done!” it laughs a deep, delighted-to-see-you-fail chuckle that could sink a battleship in deep water.

But, the Truth Tools work. And I’m armed for battle. I’ve got a box full of tools and as every negative feeling of gloom and doom arises, I pull out a tool and go to work on it. My favorite Tool today is affirming to myself, “It just doesn’t get better than this!” and making the challenge of this to-do list into a game.I can do it!

I’m on my mark. I’m set. I’m going!!!!

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Best wishes for success with all you have on your to-do list. :)

Anonymous said...

I've learned the hard way that the to-do list is like a boat with a hole in it. No matter what you cross off of it, there is always something to add to the list. I can never get it all done, so now I just try to get something done on it in a more methodical way. If I put a deadline on most things, it seems to make it much harder. If I do what I can as I go along, I feel happy with the progress, instead of fretting over what's not done. I can't go so far as to say my to-do list is my friend, but it's not my nagging, nasty enemy anymore, either!
I am happy to hear you're starting to feel better, just don't have any setbacks trying to eradicate the to-do list. I think to-do lists are our constant companion, so we might as well get along with them. :-)
Cathie