Monday, June 25, 2012

Help Me Find Positive Movies



I need your help!

I am compiling a list of movies that portray the principles of Living in Truth. What I'm looking for are movies that exemplify people Living in Truth, people recognizing and changing so that they Live in Truth, people living life in the present, or people demonstrating positive attitudes that make them happy despite their situations or their environment.

A few of the movies that have started my list are:
What About Bob?
Groundhog Day
The Devil Wears Prada
Field of Dreams
Chariots of Fire
Life is Beautiful
It's A Wonderful Life
The Karate Kid
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Sound of Music
The Big Year

Now, it's your turn. Tell me what movies you've seen that portray any of the principles of Living in Truth.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glory Road
Remember the Titans
The Help

Wendi said...

That's a good list. My kids and I like The Ron Clark Story. :)

Wendi said...

Rudy is another one that came to mind. My mission president rented a movie theater and showed us that during a mission conference. :)

Heidi said...

Temple Grandin

Ken Bagby said...

I found the George Burns/John Denver movies of "Oh God!" to be clean, humorous, inspiring, and uplifting. Easy for church members to relate to the story line.

Anonymous said...

One I really love is "The Bishop's Wife". An old Cary Grant,Loretta Young and David Niven movie. It's old, but timeless. Also " To Kill a Mockingbird" is very powerful, and positive.
Cathie

Laura said...

I watched Downton Abby , season 1 and 2, and Cranford and return to Crandford with my mother. I have them. We always wrap Christmas presents to While you were sleeping. alot of these are on Netflix

Martha said...

How about "Enchanted April"?

By the way, I'd love to have the whole list, when you've finished. Please post it for us?

Unknown said...

Fireproof! I'm surprised it hasn't been listed yet. It's the best example of living in truth I can think of.

Unknown said...

Another I just thought of is "Charlie". It's an lds film. Love it!

Unknown said...

I should wait till I think of them all... But "chocolate' "
Is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Enchanted April. A wonderful movie.